top of page

Wholesaler & Importer

Wine Importation Information Resources

Wine Exportation Information Resources

Wine Wholesaler Information Resources

  • Applying for a Permit - If you plan to purchase and sell alcohol at wholesale, you must first obtain a Basic Permit from TTB.

  • Alcohol Wholesaler Application Packet - Wholesalers (WHL), businesses which sell beverage alcohol products at wholesale to other wholesalers or retailers must first obtain a Wholesaler's Basic Permit. Producers or manufacturers of beverage alcohol products need to apply for a Wholesaler's Basic Permit only if they intend to sell beverage alcohol products which they did not produce or manufacture.

Wholesaler/Importer (Alcohol): Businesses which require a Basic Permit for Importing (to import and distribute foreign beverage alcohol) and Wholesaling (to distribute at wholesale, domestic beverage alcohol) from the same location may reduce the required paperwork by combining the applications.

bottom of page